|JRI's BOARD OF DIRECTORS HOLDS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IN NEW YORK ON 20 APRIL 2002
The JRI's Board of Directors held their annual general meeting at Kingsborough Community College (City University of New York) in New York City on Saturday, 20 April 2002, site of the 1997 Jasenovac Conference and Exhibition. The JRI Directors discussed and planned a wide array of issues and projects to be addressed in the coming year (see the meeting's agenda below).
The Directors elected three new members to the board at the meeting:
Col. Antun Miletic, Darko Trifunovic and Nebojsa Malic.
Antun Miletic is a world leading historian and expert on Jasenovac who
resides in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. He is also the first JRI director of
Croatian nationality. Among his many publications are The Jasenovac
Concentration Camp, Volumes 1-3, Belgrade, 1986, 1987, 1993.
Darko Trifunovic is a diplomat, lawyer and an expert on international criminal law currently based in New York. He is also Deputy Director of the Center for International Affairs for the Institute of Political Studies in Belgrade.
Nebojsa Malic of Washington DC is a journalist and translator who writes a weekly column for the e-magazine Antiwar.com.
A central focus of the meeting was planning annual commemoration
ceremonies around the world.
Among other decisions taken, the Directors elected Robert Oklejas (Director, Trustee and co-Founder) to serve as JRI Treasurer. Mr. Malic was selected to chair the publications and translations committee.
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS' OF THE JASENOVAC RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Saturday, April 20th, 2002, 2 - 5 PM EST
KINGSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (CUNY)
2001 Oriental Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11235
1) Welcoming, procedures, election of chair, secretary, timekeeper, approval of agenda.
2) Minutes of last year's meeting.
3) Nominations and elections for Board of Directors' & staff positions.
4) Financial Report.
(a) 2001 Funds raised, expenditures, balance, outstanding debts/expenses.
(b) List of contributors for 2001, review of 2001 fundraising.
(c) Proposed fundraising plan for 2002.
(d) Proposed budget for 2002, 2003.
5) Annual Planning Report.
6) Commemoration ceremony on Sunday, 21 April 2002.
7) Commemoration work proposals for other cities.
8) NGO work in international bodies.
9) Publishing of the Jasenovac Conference proceedings.
10) Current JRI research, translating and publishing priorities.
11) International Commission on Jasenovac.
12) Roma issues.
13) Direction of JRI activities.
(a) Internal procedures.
(a) Trustees Report.